Sunday, April 12, 2015

day 691

spring, week 2,

Orc week ! I worked on storytelling with some sketches and quick composition. I'm almost done with the skater dude and I got back on the rpg project (about time).

Sunday 5

---

Monday 6


Orc sketch. 
In an art group, the themes were; triumphant orc, Battle axe and swamp.
Focusing on composition for this one.

Tuesday 7


Trying to get the right mood here,
A winning pack of orcs.


Trying to finish this face research. Might just have to reduce the beard.

Wednesday 8


Trying to sketch a fight scene here. 
I tried to have  dynamic poses and composition.
I think I could have used More water to have more energy in the composition.


Finally getting back the rpg project.
Working on the main proportion for the characters.
I'm trying to mix my own things with character design from animation feature
 and from this guy's stuff: NIKLAS JANSSON.


First Clothing set for the skate project.

Thursday 9


Simple lines for this orc day. just warming up.


Multiple head and hairstyle studies (hairstyles are hard).
I tried to stylize some of them while keeping the main features of the guy.


Random Idea from some friends, I had to sketch it.


More exploration. 
Some of them, like the one on the bottom right is way too stiff, 
it needs more gesture in his pose.

Friday 10


More head/hairstyle studies, beard! 


Second set, will have to trash it a little.


A failed test for some animated smoke.

Saturday  11


Testing some brushes out.


Testing even more brushes.


Calling to one done.
At this point its just a manner of refining and detailing things 
so i'll stop here since  the main goal was to work on colors.


Final 3 sets.


Having some fun with storytelling on this one.
I might work on it a little more.
Thanks to Edwin for some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment